Planning routine AC maintenance is useful.
Service keeps your air conditioner system in Denver running at peak performance while keeping energy consumption down. It also might even help prolong its life expectancy.
While there are several things you can complete by yourself, you should call the Experts, like the ones at Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, for AC inspections and upkeep.
Here are several steps you can take by yourself as you prepare for cooling season.
Get Your AC Tune-Up Scheduled
Spring is a time of renewal, and to many that entails a large dose of indoors, garage and yard sprucing. With the hotter temperatures near, it’s also a good idea to add AC maintenance on that checklist.
Spring is the best time of year to get your cooling system scrubbed and examined. Waiting to switch it on until the first sweltering day of the year can be dicey. If you have to have repair or replacement, you could be waiting awhile for an appointment. And that might become very uncomfortable.
And for people with allergies, being well prepared with a fresh AC system will help provide the finest indoor air quality when it’s pollen season.
Plus, air conditioning upkeep might be required for your equipment’s manufacturer warranty or any other extended warranty.
Can I Complete Maintenance Alone?
There are steps that you can complete to help keep your cooling system in the top state:
- Replace your air filter. Clogged filters restrict airflow and could reduce your system’s efficiency. While how often you should replace it depends on the model you have, the U.S. Department of Energy recommends each month or two. This is especially important if you have been diagnosed with allergies or have animals in your house.
- Lawn work by the outdoor condenser. Check there’s no grass, weeds or bushes near your cooling system. We advise keeping 2–3 feet of free room. You should also clear any leaves or sticks that have collected inside your unit, as this could impede airflow.
Let the Professionals Take Care of the Rest
What’s left to finish? If you call Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 303-647-5853, the first thing we may do is compliment you for all the work you’ve already finished. Then we’ll start the nitty gritty. We’ll inspect your equipment and make sure it’s running correctly with these steps:
- Tightening electrical connections to ensure safe operation.
- Lubrication to keep moving components working effortlessly and potentially skip breakdowns.
- Rinsing the condensate drain line to remove leak-causing mold and obstructions.
- Straightening coil fins to stop decreased airflow.
- Cleansing the outdoor coil to remove any buildup from dust and vegetation.
- Checking controls to double check your system is turning on, cooling and shutting down like it should.
- Assessing the operating temperature parameters to confirm your unit has the correct refrigeration charge.
If we discover troubles that require extra service, we are ready to offer you the most cost-effective option. Finding potential issues promptly might solve bigger troubles in the future. This also provides you time to plan if your equipment is getting outdated.
When you are looking for a modern cooling system, our Experts will partner with you to pick the ideal equipment for your needs. We also offer financing to help make your new system work for your budget. Regardless of what your AC needs are, you can have peace of mind knowing our Experts have you covered.
Need to schedule your service? Contact us at 303-647-5853 or schedule an appointment online now.