Spring is beautiful for many reasons: flowers start to bloom, you can crack windows for crisp air and your energy bill is usually at its most economical. That’s because you’re not utilizing your heat or air.
But as temps begin to rise, so do your energy charges. Here are some suggestions for saving energy in Denver and keeping costs less expensive.
1. Call for Seasonal AC Maintenance
Giving your cooling system an annual tune-up can help it operate more efficiently and reduce costs. Changing out your air filter will help keep power costs low.
If your air conditioning equipment has had better days, spring is an excellent time to update it. The energy-saving options in updated cooling systems is a huge benefit for keeping your energy bill down.
2. Turn Down Your Thermostat
There’s a straightforward way you can save up to 10% on heating and cooling charges. Just turn your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours each day.
Focusing on how to expertly use your thermostat is the easiest way to cut down on energy charges in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re at home. Think about it this way, the lower the difference between outdoor temperatures and interior temperatures, the less expensive your cooling expense will be.
- When you’re not at home, set the thermostat to a significantly higher temperature or turn it off. It doesn’t make sense to cool an empty home.
3. Try Other Approaches to Cool Your Home
You can turn to a couple other approaches to help keep your house comfortable:
- Use a ceiling fan—By starting a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no decrease in comfort. Have your fan spin counterclockwise during the summer, which forces cool air upward. This disperses cool air more equally when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds drawn—Sunlight quickly changes into heat as it passes through windows. Keep your house more comfortable by drawing blinds and curtains when you’re not sitting in sunny spaces.
4. Look Into Buying a Smart Thermostat
You’re out of the house and immediately realize you failed to turn up the thermostat. Then you worry about it the entire day!
Smart thermostats figure out your routine and correct the temp when you’re gone to help you save on your bills. You can also change the thermostat from anywhere with your phone.
These pro tips will all help keep summer energy bills less expensive. If you think it’s time to modernize your thermostat or need AC installation, call us at 303-647-5853 or contact us online. We’ll help you choose the correct product for your house. And as usual, all our services are backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.